Revised May 22nd, 2019
1. Who Uses Our Services
We make our Services available to different types of users. As discussed further below, the information that the Services collect from and share about a user may depend on the user type. An individual may be one or more of these types of users depending on the nature of his or her interactions with our Services.
- Author: An individual who drafts articles, posts content or creates other content displayed on the Website.
- Instructor: An individual who sell courses on the Website, conduct quiz and publish lectures on the Website.
- Member/student/users: An individual who uses the Services.
2. Information We Collect
You can visit the Website and use some of the other Services without providing any information, including Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with access to, or use of, some of the Services. As described below, we do automatically collect certain information when you use the Services. The Services also require you to provide Personal Information when you register as a Member, Author, or Instructor. If you connect to the Website through LinkedIn or other third-party social media, please also see the Social Media Information below.
2.1 Information about Members. We collect various types of Personal Information about Members in connection with the Services, including:
- Email address
- Username and password
- Payment information
2.2 Information about Instructor. We collect various types of Personal Information about Employers, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Username and password
- Content posted by instructor
Ziapy may make certain of the Instructor information identified above available to Members and/or the public for the purpose of providing the Services.
2.3 Payment Information. We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase paid Services. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services we use to manage credit card processing and we do not store it on our servers.
2.4 Other information collected automatically through the Services. We also collect information automatically through the Services. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs. When you visit the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, or features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to the functioning of the Services and allow you to interact with and use the features of the Services. If these cookies are not permitted by your browser, we will not be able to provide certain features of the Services to you.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about your choices and preferences, such as your preferred language or the country from which you visit the Services. We use this information to customize the Services to your preferences.
- If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Website may not operate correctly.
- Pixel tags. The Services that you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email. Deleting or blocking cookies will not stop the collection of information through pixel tags and similar tracking mechanisms. However, as discussed in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising,” you can take steps to limit how such information is used for advertising purposes. Even in that event, we may continue to use the information for other purposes, including analytics.
- Local storage. We also may use HTML5 local storage to collect and retain certain information about you. Data in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but it can be deleted by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal Information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use pixel tags on the Services or in email communications from Ziapy. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted advertising, as described below.
3. How We Use Information
We may use information, including Personal Information, for a variety of purposes, as described below.
3.1 Personal Information. We use the Personal Information that we collect about users, including Members, Authors, and Instructor, to:
- Provide the Services to you and other users;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate, including payment processing;
- Post courses information for Member;
- Send administrative communications related to the Services;
- Communicate with users through email notices, newsletters, and updates, including promotional communications about topics, products, courses, and services that we believe will be of interest to users;
- Administer surveys, contests, or promotions;
- Engage in analysis and research concerning the Services, improve users’ experiences with the Services, and otherwise enhance the quality of our products and services;
- Create a custom experience for users and tailor our Services to users’ individual interests and preferences;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements, or to protect our rights and interests, as described below in the “Legal Purposes” subsection of this Policy;
- Compile and share aggregated information;
- Count and recognize visitors to the Services and analyze how visitors use the Services;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising as described in the “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising” section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
4. How We Share Information with Third Parties
The Ziapy uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
6. Your Choices and Access to Information
Depending on your location and where applicable law requires, you may have the following choices with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to access your Personal Information;
- The right to update your Personal Information by emailing us or, where appropriate, amending the personal details contained in your registered account with us. If practically possible, we will make corrections (where appropriate) based on your updated information;
- The right to withdraw your consent with respect to Personal Information that is collected on the basis of your consent;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority.
If you want to learn more about the Personal Information that ziapy has about you, or you would like to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, including updating or changing that information, please contact us by email at [email protected]
7. Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and Ziapy does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other Information from anyone under the age of 16.
9. Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
10. Sensitive Information
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.